‘Keep your food and relations healthy to make your life and body fit.’
Hung curd dip
It is something I relish when my mind is stuck with thoughts due to busy schedule and the stomach is heavy because of formal unavoidable wedding invites where food is on display at large. And you have no choice but to eat. As everyone else is doing the same.
Curd- 4 bowls
Coriander- 1 teaspoon
- Hung the curd in a clean and soft kitchen napkin. Or Put it in a big sieve and let it drain all the water. It will take at least an hour. So do it while you start your regular cooking. By the time you finish cooking, it will be ready.
- Pour the thick Hung curd dip in a steel large bowl. It will look cheesy, spongy and soft. The acid and excess water has been drained out of the curd.
- Use hand mixer and whisk it well.
- Add chopped onions, cucumber and tomato.
- Whisk it again.
- Add your special flavor with a smile. Salt, black pepper, crushed cumin, crushed dry mint powder, mint leaves and coriander leaves.
- Whisk it for the perfection and last time
- Serve in a bowl.
- Switch on your favorite channel or movie, carry grapes, nachoz, finger cut carrot /cucumber etc. to go with it.
- Add half a teaspoon lemon juice.
Variation and creation
- Just onions will also be fine in case of non availability of cucumber and tomato.
- Add thinly crushed garlic and ginger just a teaspoon of both.
- Add chaat masala for a tangy taste.
- You can preserve it for a week in fridge.
Who can eat
- Diet conscious
- Good for digestion
- For curd lovers
- Fat free food lovers
- For long TV watchers!
Suggestion: You can’t make everyone happy, make hung curd dip!