It was not there until my friend Uzma asked me to collect hibiscus flowers for she wanted to prepare some medicines. I am a morning walker person. I take that time as ‘just me’ time. While I walk, my soul talks to me. It keeps me leisurely busy with the thoughts when I was a child, when I had tough time and when I will be old, sort of relaxing mind and body talks. Meanwhile I walk, I click pictures of sunrise, flowers and birds which appeal me a story. Uzma saw the picture of Hibiscus in my whatsapp status and hence it began. I did the collection of Hibiscus flowers from every corner of the city. ‘A friend calling’
Cinnamon- a pinch
Sugar/ Brown sugar- if you wish
- Boil water in a pan.
- Once boiled, add flower petals.
- Let it boil for a while. Turn off the gas.
- Cover the pan to let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Warm it and sieve it before you drink.
Variation and creation
- You can choose not to sieve even if you are happy seeing flower leaving its color.
- Drink it hold or cold.
- Add cinnamon for flavors. I like it just original.
- Add ginger for weight loss.
- Add honey for natural sugar taste.
Who can drink
- For good metabolism
- Herbal remedial for thyroid
- Wish to have good cholesterol
- To Boost Immunity
- Tea addicted people
- Tea Mug lovers.
Listen to the song