Matar Makhana Snack/ Lotus seeds and peas
I was teaching my kids. We all were putting our heads into books and worksheets as the exams were close. Meanwhile I was trying to look like a total monster and carrying ‘JUST STUDY AND NO TALK’ face, we got an unexpected guest Mr. Joseph Narayan. He recently shifted from US to India to take care of family business. He wanted to learn Hindi and said I know ‘thora thora’ means little little but I want to learn more as I am not feeling perfect to deal with the labour. ‘Mera kaam Kaanch’ that I deal in glass business. His efforts to speak Hindi were so amazing that it lightened our mood. A floured energy rose and he left. We pressed our faces back into the faces but now with a smile.
Mr. Joseph requested some healthy breakfast meal as he had gained health issues being alone and unable to understand Indian cooking. So here we go with our favorite sweet legume peas which is also known as healing food as it is rich in vitamin C, Fibre and manganese and antioxidants.
Ginger -10 gms crushed
Garlic cloves -1 crushed
Onion -2 diced
Peas -2 cups
Roasted peanuts -2 teaspoon (optional)
- Take a non stick pan. Add two teaspoon of oil (Sunflower or Rice Bran oil)
- Meanwhile boil peas and add a pinch of sea salt on the other side.
- Add dry crushed coriander, ginger and garlic. Stir a bit.
- Add onions. Let them have a light brown color.
- Peas might be boiled in 4-5 mins. Drain water.
- Add peas to the pan.
- Add sea salt, black pepper, a pinch of Turmeric (Patanjali Turmeric is the best, so far).
- To enhance the flavors, add a dash of cinnamon and cumin powder.
- Serve in a bowl. Add coriander leaves. Add a teaspoon of lemon or chaat masala.
- Relish the peas snack with the cucumber.
Variation and Creation
- Add spring onion along with the onions.
- Add boiled french beans for great green attack.
- While onions are being stirred, you can add lot of coriander leaves.
- Add roasted peanuts.
- Add sunflower seeds.
Who can use
- If you have deficiency in vitamin C .
- Weak eyesight
- Wish to boost immunity and fibre
- Wish to go green and sing ‘I am in love with my body’
Makhana/ Lotus seeds Diet
- Curry leaves- 5 to10
- Lotus seeds or makhana – 2 cups
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Mustard oil
- Take a non stick pan.
- Add half a teaspoon Patanjali mustard oil.
- Add 5 gms Butter.
- Add curry leaves and mustard seeds. Let them crackle.
- Add Makhanas. Roast them while shaking the pan.
- Once you see them changing color a bit. Remove from the fire.
- Serve them in a bowl.
- Garnishing with curry leaves, coriander leaves and lemon.
Who can eat
- Who travel a lot, easy carry snack.
- Who want to have a hydrated light snack.
- Who are in play zone and want something good to munch.
- Who love their husbands and kids!
Must have a curry plant in your balcony else beg borrow steal option is always available!!!